Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Settling In




As I mentioned in my last post I am starting to study in Erlangen to become a teacher for mathematics and english for "Gymnasium" (grades 5-12 & highest level of education before uni in Germany). Today I had the chance to go to my first SMD (a community/oraganisation for christian studens) fellowship. It was great to be surrounded by other young Christian and have a time of worship together. And I am so happy that Erlangen has such a big community of christian students.

After the time of fellowship it hit me - I am in the right place.

And I'm happy that I moved to Erlangen (in a great room with great flat mates) and finally fully at peace with my decision eventhough saying bye to my family was hard.

But we all have to learn to let go and to be able to start new things.

I've started with my maths introduction course at university and even had the chance to meet an old friend from my "home" town.

As some of you know, starting university is a fairly huge change to being a student in highschool or in a school where "your daily life is sorted out for you".  At least it is for me.

I have to learn how to:
  • create an schedule in which none of the courses overlap
  • budget my entire income and outcome
  • plan my meals
  • write in an academicly correct german or english
  • schedule my day in an effictive way
  • create time for the "important" things
  • use the different university websites
  • communicate with professor, tutors, mentors etc.
  • live in a shared flat
  • etc. 
And there is so much more I still have to learn to "survive" uni so I can actually be able to thrive though going to university. I want to do my very best so I can make a change now and in the future. I want to use my time wisely to not have to negelect any (important) area of my life.

You can pray for my start here in Erlangen (university + job). That God will show me how to get an organized structure into my daily life and also that I will be able to find a church here in Erlangen where I feel at home.

P.s.: If you have any further questions feel free to contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment