Sunday, April 24, 2016

CONTRASTING EXPERIENCES


"having a bed to sleep in...
...having to  sleep on the floor
having to worry if you have enough food...
...being able to buy foor from the supermarket next door, whenever you want
having a big enough house to host 20+ people...
...looking for space to fit 5 people in a 3m^2 room/hut
having to wear the same set of clothes each day...
...not knowing what to choose from your closet
having two cars ready to get going...
...trying to find the shortes path to walk
having a thankful heart for every penny you find...
...freaking out where the 10 extra dollars went
having a warm or cool house depending on how you like it...
...coping with the freezing cold or dying heat
having to care for the people surrounding you...
...caring as little as you can about your neighbor
having to go to another family meeting...
...being able to meet the remaining family
having to try to get all children to school...
...irresoluteness of choosing the perfect school
having to remind yourself to be thankful for every little and big thing you've got...
...appreciating the little you've got."
~SAYA R.

I think often it's just a question of perspective, but I don't really know which life circumstances are easier to live in. It is shocking for me to catch myself thinking "I deserve this or that, I deserve living the life I am living" - eventhough I know better deep down in my heart. I know that this isn't the attitude I want to live life. Especially after being in Kenia for 3 months and experiencing to have little, sleeping uncomfortable but also seeing people having a lot less then me. Now being back in Europe it is hard to comprehend my experiences and how to deal with it wisely, to move forward.
I want to live a life being thankful for what I have, not wanting to have the attitude of needing more but praying "Lord, use my life to be a blessing and teach me how to use what I have wisely."

No comments:

Post a Comment