Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Meanwhile in Warsaw

buildings in Warsaw

As I wrote in my last post I am in Warsaw right now. It has been an awesome stay so far. Okay it has been wonderful and I do feel really blessed that I am able to be here and do the internship here.
Last week was more an oriantatin week of looking in which I want to go and what is possible. I ended up picking grade 5 and 11 Maths and grade 6 and 11 English, but I'm helping out in other grades and also in primary school (grade 3). I've even been able to teach my first 'real' leasson this past friday in grade 5 and have been able to help out in the other classes to and will actually help out in grade 7 in English talking about Canada what should be fun.
Apart from my internship my mom was with me the first week and we had the opportunity to go shopping in a really nice shopping mall called "Arcadia" - it's quite big, has a great food court, a big variety of shops and great window instalations. Also we had the opportunity to go to a ladies retreat from ICF Warsaw were I got to know some really amazing Ladies! Our speaker Karen was great as she was speaking about HOPE and it gave me many thoughts to ponder on and also tipps of how to get through pain, hurt or dissapointment (of which I am still batteling with). It was a great time of community and being able to enjoy some of polands beautiful nature.

two horses pulling our carriage

spring in Warsaw



After my mom left I just got busy with school and I don't even remember what else I did, days just seem to fly here, only 4 more weeks until I leave for home. So I have to try to get the most out of Warsaw and the people I got to know meanwhile. ICF also has lifegroups and one of them is on Thursdays called YAM which I have been able to go to twice so far. It's really cool to learn about the bible in this setting and just spending time with fellow believers. On Saturday we (some people from YAM) also had a little game night where we played "Castles of Burgundy" (a strategy game connected with luck) which was a lot of fun.
You can't believe how good it is for me to be in a community like this again, after leaving the international community from YWAM even though it is quite different here, but still a great experience. The other day I was able to go to the gardens on top of the university library here in Warsaw with Eszter from Hungary who I met through ICF, we had a really good time, and I am really thankful for the time we could spend together.


the view from the gardens


I'm excited for what is to come and what is awaiting me next, also how God will use all of my experiences in YWAM the good and the bad to glorify his name.

before a concert at the German embassy

No comments:

Post a Comment